Friday, April 24, 2009

Saying Good-bye

It looks like my car was totaled in the collision. I am going up to Utah to say good-bye.

It was a good car. It got me out of NYC to inipi ceremonies in Pennsylvania. It got me Upstate to visit my mom. It eventually got me out of New York altogether, away from my ex-husband and the cacophony of the city. It took me on a road trip with my dear friend Stephanie. it carried everything I owned! It got me to Phoenix, AZ for an Amazon Herb Conference where I met my current sweetheart.

Car - thanks for your care and transportation. I know you didn't like the desert and the high altitude. But you carried on.

This has been a year of falling away. I bought the car from my ex-husband. He bought it so we could have something to drive when we moved out of the city. We never moved, but I eventually did. The demise of my car is the final letting go of that mismatch.

No comments: