Saturday, July 24, 2010

if i don't make a break for it

I will miss epiphany.

I will miss walking down the street laughing with D, I will miss laughing, I will miss gender bender conversations, I will miss digging to know more, I will miss writing, I will miss making love, I will miss music, I will miss lemonade, I will miss sleep.

I will miss the smell of my lover’s skin.

I will miss sleeping alone.

I will miss brushing my teeth.

I will miss eating.

I will miss bicycling. I miss bicycling!

I will miss the possibility of moving out West, even for a little while sometime again in my life.

I will miss the chance to learn more, I will miss the smell of pine trees, I will miss watching the sun set on a cool mountain air night, I will miss writing another poem.

I will miss drinking water, I will miss pine nuts, I will miss painting, I will miss weaving, I will miss singing, I will miss dancing.

I will miss kissing.

I will miss wondering, I will miss imagining, I will miss waterfalls, I will miss the chance to swim with dolphins, I will miss school, I will miss my sisters, I will miss breathing.

I will miss the birds free to fly, I will miss kayaking, I will miss swinging in a swing.

I will miss the red orange glow of sunset,  long purple shadows and turtle doves and rabbits, the smell of creosote and orange blossoms, I will miss looking up at the sky and seeing a million stars.

© November 2006

New York City

No comments: