Sunday, July 13, 2008

yoga! 3.3

Had a short session today, about half an hour or so.

This weekend has been filled with all kinds of activity. On Friday, I went on a mountain bike ride with Leslie Gilmore and Stephanie McCarthy. I am very wimpy on a mountain bike, but Leslie and Steph are good sports. I’m slow. I don’t like crashing. We left from Absolute Bikes and then went up Shultz Pass and down Dogfood or Little Gnarly. Something like that. Anyway, we climbed up a mountain and then flew down. (Or they flew and I got into my flow, which is slow!) It was a blast!

Then, I visited Randy. On Friday night, we walked around the neighborhood, Saturday night we went for a long walk on the Urban Trail, which must have been a couple of miles. It had just rained, so the grass and the pines smelled earthy and green and good. And the moon was huge, so we didn’t need flashlights. There were several mountain bikers passing us on the way back – they had their headlamps on. It was cool seeing them come through the trails in the dark. There was a beer festival happening at the park where the Urban Trail ends up; I think that’s where a lot of riders were coming from.

Finally, today, we walked the Urban Trail again, and wound up at the fair grounds. Hard to say how many miles we walked. My body is a little tired today. It’s good though.

The yoga I did tonight helped loosen up my shoulder blades and soaz muscles. Feels good.

No comments: