Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Love is Everywhere

I started this list on March 22nd, 2008. So I had a false start or two. i know listing what you love, saying what you love out loud is one of the best things people can do to raise their vibes up.

The first time I experienced saying what I love was last year, shortly after I left my husband. I went to a workshop with a co-worker of mine. In the workshop, the leader had us tell each other what we love, each for three minutes without stopping. The workshop was on manifestation. When you are already grateful and aware of what you love, you can attract more of it in your life. Also, it feels good to acknowledge love. When we feel good, we’re liable to attract more good things into our lives.

So, I’ve been playing with that notion for awhile now.

This winter was intense, the first one I’ve experienced outside of NYC in about 10 years. It was not as gray and bitter as NY winters, but it was long with a lot of snow. In fact, it snowed here last week. Needless to say, no matter how hard I tried, I was beginning to fall into a funk, so this was the perfect thing for me to do.

I was having heavy dreams around the time I began this. Dreams of abuse that I experienced from my siblings as a child. In my dreams I actually asked my parents why they wouldn’t stand up for me. i have never done that in my “waking” life. Also, I was dreaming of divorce and my ex-husband trying to force me to live where I just couldn’t anymore (another dank grey scumhole closet-sized apartment in NYC).

Before I woke, though, I dreamt of a fascinating and beautiful fiber project, a purse that I was weaving made out of pale (spring!) green knobby wool that I wove myself and irridescent fibers. So there was hope and the sense that now I was creating my life.

Also, I hadn’t seen my lover in months, since January 2nd, but, soon I was going to see him again. In my dreams and our conversations we spoke of love and I could practically taste him I was so close to seeing him again!

Now, I have been teaching yoga for a few weeks after work, and that feels so right. I am expanding places to teach and I am taking more classes, too. Also, I talked to the English advisor at NAU and I am applying for graduate studies in creative writing. I love learning! And, I’m running a writing workshop online. And my sweetheart is moving to town!

I will probably continue to do this, but it’s time to focus on getting some other goals rolling.

No comments: