Saturday, February 6, 2010

It's a process . . .


I am getting ready to prepare my workshop for the Bisbee Yoga Expo. It will be hyper-condensed. One and a half hours to cover 7 chakras. I can do it! I'd really love to do this workshop spread out over seven two or three hour sessions.

Being on the east coast again, or rather, the northeast has had its challenges. I suppose it's all first chakra (tribe/family) issues that get kicked up. Every time I think my foundation is strong I get challenged. "Ha!" says the Universe - and every teeny insecurity I have worked through stares me straight in the face. At least I am learning how to laugh along!

Even though I've been a little shaken, the dark dreamy quality of winter light here feels like home. In some ways I feel hugged by the trees. The yellow brown of fields and hills lined by the grey brown of leafless forest against grey cerulean winter sky feels right. Though I know if I were riding my bicycle under a starry dark turquoise Tucson sky with the smell of orange blossoms in the air I'd feel pretty darn good, too!

In the meantime, I've been having a lot of fun photographing my aunt's antique shop. It's a psychedelic experience - and I love psychedelic experiences!

No comments: