Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Almost gone

Snow melting, but the road I currently live on, and the road leading to the highway, is about 4 inches of solid ice. I was thinking of going out today to bring clothing and other items to Goodwill and a large shopping bag full of books to Bookmans, the used bookstore in town. This will be my third trip.

At the moment, ice is deterring me. Tomorrow, I must go out. I have doc appointments (for my back - still being treated for the car accident injury from last April), then lunch with Rayseen and Lisa. I also hope to see a few friends before I go. If I wait much longer, going out today will be bad. As soon as the sun goes down, everything that is wet will be ice again.

I'll probably be leaving Flagstaff on Monday so I know I will make my flight. Currently, it looks like it will be raining and snowing and Sunday and Monday. The problem is actually getting off the mountain. That can be treacherous. Often 40 and 17 are closed when the weather is bad. I really want to LEAVE.

I am done with Flagstaff. It's too isolated and small for me. There, I said it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bye Holly... I wish you the best in whatever you do, and I know you'll always be happyish but I think never settled..(by "Happyish" I mean optimistic and inspiring to be around, because you were to me. You were always so bright and sunny even when you were wearing all black!) It was great to know you in the brief time that I did; I truly enjoyed your free spirit. Good luck and I hope you find what you're looking for..

I was just curious about where you'd gone and what you'd done and I found this blog about you leaving. Thought it might be my last chance to wish you well!

Jon Anderson.

holly troy said...

Hi Jon!

It was great working with you! I enjoyed your free spirit, too!

I'm always ready for the next adventure. I'll be going to Miami, then NY, then back in AZ (Bisbee) for a yoga festival that I'm teaching a workshop at, then Flagstaff to get my stuff - and then - not sure where . . . where Randy (remember him?) can get steady work and I can make art and music and teach yoga and fun stuff like that! :)

Thanks for the good wishes! Same to you.

Peace,

Holly