Monday, November 30, 2009

Latest Flag Update (November 09)


Howdy Everybody~

I hope everyone is doing well! It's been a while.

I don’t really want to get into all the details regarding what’s going on here. It’s just wackiness as far as medical care goes, yoga studio owners go, and work goes. So life goes on! I am moving on to better things.

First! Randy and I have decided to have a go at living together. I’m really happy about that, because I miss the heck out of him when he’s not around, AND, he is a really good friend. We share similar values and we want similar things out of life and for one another. So, during his visit, we talked about a lot of important things – like home, relationship, friends, finances – what we expect from one another. It was so cool. We are like real adults! Wow! Communication is NEAT!

Before we get together, I have a few things I need to do.

I am going to Miami in December for about a month to visit my friend Erin and watch over her pets while she travels for the holidays. I am looking forward to catching up with Erin and hearing about her adventures. It's been a LONG time since I have even seen her (20 years?) I have been promising myself a warm place for the holidays for years – it’s finally happening. While I am there, I am going to check out the yoga scene - I get so much information about what’s going on there through Facebook so this is really cool. I hope to make connections and maybe even teach a class or workshop while I am out there. I’ve never been to Miami, so wahoo! I'll also hopefully meet Ed, one of Randy's friends, and maybe catch up with some folks from Macquarie.

Next, in mid-January, I’ll be going to NY. I figure I’ll spend a few days in the city at first (anybody have a comfortable place I can crash? Gotta be able to lay flat and stay warm) and then go up and visit my mom. I have to visit Marion Wanagi Wi in PA, too! I am thinking about ways to have a workshop or ritual or a class while in NYC/NJ and NY State as well – so if anyone has any ideas about what, when, where, and/or how– let me know. I’ll be in NY until Feb 9th, when I’ll fly back to AZ for the Bisbee Yoga Expo(anyone have a place to crash in southern AZ for a couple of days? - the expo is on the 12th) and then back to Flagstaff to gather my things and head off for Omaha.

My mom and Penny wanted to come to Bisbee for the Expo – I hope they do. It’s a groovy place, I think they’d like it. Plus, they’d get to take a class with me!

While I am traveling I will be looking at ways to make money in Omaha. There are yoga places, and I am checking with the University for work. I am also going to see about teaching corporate yoga (classes to businesses in the middle of the workday), and of course workshops, etc.

All of these plans fell neatly together in the last few days/week. I made decision to have a different experience and everything just started to get better. Before this, I was feeling like I was coming to the end of my rope. Body stuff scaring me big time (pain, insurance stuff, docs), money super-tight, and a general dreary questioning of my existence. Really fun stuff! Pluto in my sun sign supposedly has something to do with all the trouble. (Anyway, if any of you are Capricorns, Pluto is the planet of transformation and it’s hitting your sun, which is your identity. I have heavy Scorpionic tendencies, so the Phoenix rising from the ashes is a big theme in my life, but this time it has been a DOOZY). I wasn’t sure what I wanted, just something different. Randy’s visit helped, too. Feeling loved is huge – and I do feel very loved by friends – but, romantically loved and in love is wonderful.

Not that all has been horrible here! Flagstaff is beautiful, it's sunny, and there are a lot of nice places to stroll/hike. Here’s a neat example of something cool: I do not have a car, only bicycle. This has been great for my figure. Of course, the weather is turning and it’s getting windy as hell again, so getting around is becoming more difficult via bike. A dear friend has an extra car which she offered to me. It’s a nice car! This weekend, I had Lisa’s Prius, and Lisa’s boyfriend’s Toyota pick up truck. Talk about ABUNDANCE! (Now let me sell the rest of my cds!)*****

Also, my friends from The First Move want to share some web program stuff with me – which we’ll be talking about this week. I think we’ll be discussing the yoga/writing workshop river trip, too. I am not sure if it’s going to happen this year, it may have to wait until next year (2011), but we need to plan now for proper marketing, time to get the proper rafting crew together, and time for people to register and prepare.

I am looking into setting up my site so that I can hold classes online through subscription. I have a lot of ideas that will unfold hopefully in the next few weeks (or by the new year) as well.

Right now I am going through my things yet again. What do I let go of? I have a feeling books are going to be big for Xmas this year!

So that's the latest! Looking forward to hearing from you.

Lots of love, joy and prosperity,

Holly

check out my meditation cd by going here!

No comments: